Make it as spicy as you wish with the type of peppers you use. I don't always use the wine. If a bottle is open around the house I use it. This makes a great lenten meal.
It's origins were from the Dalmation coast in Croatia, where seafood was abundant
· 2 lbs frozen or fresh cod or any firm fish
· ¼ cup Olive oil
· ½ cup celery, chopped
· 2 large onions, sliced
· 1 cup peppers, sliced (assorted red, yellow & hot)
· 3 cloves of garlic
· 1 28oz can of diced tomatoes
· 1/2 cup red or white wine (optional)
· 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
· 3T tomato paste or 3T ketchup
· Salt, Pepper & Flour for dredging *Several dashes of Tabasco Hot Sauce
5. Serve over rice pilaf or polenta. Garnish with chopped parsley or cilantro.
*This can be done without this step. I’m sure it is better for you w/o the added flour.