Wednesday, April 6, 2011

LENTEN (POSNO) CHOCOLATE CAKE – EGGLESS, DAIRYLESS WACKY CAKE

LENTEN (POSNO) CHOCOLATE CAKE –
a.k.a EGGLESS, DAIRYLESS WACKY CAKE



It is commonly believed Wacky Cake may have been created as the result rationing durind WWII, when milk and eggs were scarce. Active ingredients in wacky cake include flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, vegetable oil, white vinegar and vanilla extract. Some recipes add brewed coffee instead of water. The cake may be topped with powdered sugar or even served plain.

It is a common dessert in homes during the lenten season for that little something sweet. It is surpringly moist and delicious!!!

Ingredients:
3 cups flour
2 cups sugar*
6 T cocoa
2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp salt
¾ cup oil
2 T vinegar
2 t vanilla
2 cups water
Mix well….by hand or mixer, and pour into an ungreased 13x9 pan. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 40 minutes.
Dust with powdered sugar when cool.





I made mine with 1 cup sugar and 1 cup Splenda* and I used Rich’s frozen Non-Dairy Whip Topping. It comes in the freezer section, you thaw and whip it. I pour this into my coffee as well during Lent…I just can’t drink coffee black. It is in keeping with lenten guidelines of allowable products
Prijatno!

4 comments:

  1. Hvala! I'll try to make it and add some photos as well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work buddy, keep it up site Nice Website. You should think more about RSS Feeds as a traffic source. They bring me a nice bit of traffic

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent post. I want to thank you for this informative read, I really appreciate sharing this great post. Keep up your work… click me

    ReplyDelete